St Columba's School, Bayswater, established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1936 is a co-educational Catholic Primary School that follows the guidelines and policies set down by the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia. St. Columba's is a double stream school enrolling boys and girls from 3 Year Old Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6.
The Enrolment Policy of St. Columba's is based on the Catholic Education Commission principle of striving to make Catholic schooling available to children whose parents wish for them to be educated in an environment which has the Gospel, including its values, and a Catholic ethos as its basis.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
- Kindergarten interviews generally take place at the end of Term 1, with Pre-Kindergarten interviews occurring early in Term 2, in the year preceding your child's attendance at school. All applications need to be submitted by the end of the second week of Term 1.
- Application forms must be submitted for all children seeking enrolment in St. Columba's school. These forms are available for download or from the school office. A $55 (inc. GST) application fee applies to all applications. Applications will not be processed unless the fee has been paid.
- A copy of each child's Baptismal Certificate, Birth Certificate and Immunization details must be attached to the application form when it is submitted.
- The Kindergarten is the initial enrolling year for the school.
- For students to be eligible for Kindergarten they must turn four (4) before 30 June.
- It is understood that enrolment in Kindergarten guarantees enrolment for Pre-Primary to Year Six.
- Applicants (Kindergarten only) will be invited to attend an interview usually mid May of the year preceding enrolment.
- In the event that an applicant is advised they will be placed on a waitlist their position on the list will be maintained for 12 months. Written notification needs to be submitted annually in order to maintain the status of the application.
- Interviews are required for all children prior to confirmation of enrolment at St. Columba's.
- Parents will be notified of interview times by letter or phone.
- We invite the student being enrolled into the school to attend the interview.
- Letter from the Principal offering placement asking families to accept or reject offer.
- Parents/Caregivers are required to complete and sign the Saint Columba’s School Enrolment Agreement.
- A $300 deposit will need to be paid to secure the position offered of which $200.00 will be deducted from the child’s fees the following term. This deposit is not refundable should you decide not to proceed with the enrolment.
- The Application Fee of $55 is non-refundable and is no guarantee that the student will be enrolled at St. Columba’s School Bayswater.
When enrolling students consideration is given to the following in priority:
- Catholic students from the Bayswater Parish with a Parish Priest reference and current siblings.
- Catholic students from outside the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations.
- Other Non-Catholic students.
The Principal in conjunction with the Parish Priest has discretion for the enrolment of special cases.
No enrolment application is refused on the basis of financial hardship. Parents are advised that enrolment at St. Columba's does not guarantee automatic entry to Catholic Secondary Schools.
Completion of a St. Columba’s Enrolment Form and acceptance of the application by the school does not guarantee a place at the school nor does it guarantee an enrolment interview. Enrolment at St Columba's School is not a guarantee of enrolment in any other Catholic school. If a parent or guardian has knowingly withheld information relevant to the application/enrolment process then the Principal reserves the right to refuse, or terminate enrolment on that ground; Special attention to the AGREEMENT” section of the St. Columba’s School Enrolment Form must be noted and signed.
3 YEAR OLD PROGRAM
St. Columba’s School runs a Three Year Old Kindy program for children who have already had their third birthday. Generally children commence throughout the year, after their birthday. The program is run on Tuesdays and Thursdays, for a half day each. i.e. An individual child might come on a Tuesday morning and then on the following Thursday afternoon, and vice versa (Tue. p.m./Thu. a.m.). These days may change in the future, however this is unlikely.
It should be noted that being accepted into the Three Year Old Program does not guarantee a position in Kindergarten and beyond (Kindergarten - Year 6).
|Application for Enrolment Form.pdf||608.3 KB|
|School fees 2018_.pdf||202.39 KB|
|Credit Card Regular Payment Request.pdf||48.63 KB|
|Direct Debit Request Bank Account.pdf||71.1 KB|
|HCC - School Fee Discount Scheme.pdf||356.47 KB|
|School Fees - Setting and Collection 2016.pdf||1.32 MB|
|Enrolment Form Variation.pdf||343.37 KB|